How to subscribe to the PCSAR List
A YahooGroups list has been created to handle distribution of
non-confidential information. All members are expected to subscribe
to this list and are welcome to post to it. People from other
organizations are also members, although they rarely post to it.
Privileges of list members differ. Current members are authorized
to post to the list without moderator involvement. Other members'
posts may be delayed while a moderator vets the message content.
This method should get you subscribed to the PCSAR list server.
- If you are not already registered with YahooGroups, you should
register. This is not required, but it has some advantages:
You should include your name when you register so that the PCSAR
list moderator can easily identify you.
- You can easily change the destination of messages posted
to the PCSAR and other groups.
- If you identify yourself to YahooGroups, when you subscribe to
the PCSAR group the moderator can easily determine that you
are a bona fide member.
- From the email account from which you wish to receive messages,
send a message to
email@example.com. You should probably
include a "Subject" line to keep your mail client happy.
The message doesn't need to contain any special content. In fact,
content should not make any difference.
- You shortly should receive a message from Yahoogroups asking
you to confirm that you want to subscribe. You should follow
the directions in that message. (It should be as easy as replying
- Your request will be delivered to a list moderator, who will
determine your eligibility. If you registered with YahooGroups
and provided your name, it will be easy to identify you and
permit your subscription. Otherwise there may be a delay while
the moderator determines who you are.
- Once the moderator accepts your subscription, you should
receive a message from Yahoogroups that you've been added to the
- As a confirmation, you should post a message to the group
stating that you're now on the list. You and about 20 others
should receive that message.
Some notes about using the group:
- Currently, no attachments are passed along. If you want to
post something other than a simple message, you'll either
have to find out everyone's email address or you'll have to
contact the list owner and ask to post the data.
- No commercial stuff.
- The usual traffic on this list is announcements of meetings
and training. Some have also used it to inform the other
members that they will be unavailable for searches for some
You're also welcome to also sign up for the Latah SAR Council
list. It works the same way, with the subscription request
sent to "firstname.lastname@example.org".
PCSAR 10/11/2018 by GB.